Attorney and award-winning author Pamela Samuels Young knows all about the path to success and has the creds to prove it. From a career in television news, to the practice of law, and now as an award-winning novelist, Pamela has never met a roadblock she was afraid to tackle. A graduate of USC, Northwestern University and UC Berkeley School of Law, Pamela has conquered the ups and downs of climbing the corporate ladder and has also pursued her own entrepreneurial ventures. She knows that today’s students—much more than their parents—have tons of career options and don’t have to be stuck in a single job or even the same career for decades. In her humorous, informative and engaging, style, Pamela offers students practical tools for mapping out the path to their dream career. Whether it’s one career or five, Pamela helps students identify their life mission, not their parents’.
Student Learning Outcomes – As a result of attending Not My Parents’ Profession: Following Your Own Star, students will be able to:
- Create a 10-Step Plan for plotting the path to their ideal career.
- Identify goals that fit their life, not their friends’ parents’.
- Understand the importance of planning and perseverance.
- Compose a personal Affirmation Statement to use as a motivational tool.
- Develop a personal Board of Directors to serve as a sounding board for life and career decisions.
- Receive a link to Pamela’s Dream Career Resources List, which contains resources for personal goal setting, career options and motivational tips.
Not My Parents’ Profession: Following Your Own Star can be delivered as a keynote speech or 2-hour workshop. It is ideal for Student Orientation programs, Freshman Orientation, Parent, Sibling & Family Programming, Academic Achievement and Enrichment programming, Career Day/Week, Career Preparation, Personal Development, Life Skills activities, College Recruiting and Admissions events.